cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed cable pull

MrK-Evans-EP
Tuning in

Virgin media have failed to install my services on many occasions.

This is due to the outsourced company not doing the Virgin media requested cable pull, there does not seem to be any way that the Virginmedia pre installation team can contact the cable pull team company directly to find out the reason the cable pull is not being done and all there system shows it’s due today.

This is the same for the engineers and customer service and construction teams.

Is there anyone who can sort out this mess!

This whole situation is a joke how can a firm not be able to talk to contractors directly or even come up with solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, this is the way Virginmedia work - or rather don't work. 

If you really want a service from them you will just have to wait and see if/when something happens.  Be warned that it can take up to a year!

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, this is the way Virginmedia work - or rather don't work. 

If you really want a service from them you will just have to wait and see if/when something happens.  Be warned that it can take up to a year!

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Virginmedia have outsourced a lot of there staff so call centres, engineerings, ground works are all outsourced.

There dose not seem to be good communication between departments when things go wrong or there mistakes happen, and the computer systems see the work has not been carried out and just push the jobs to the next day but no one asks why it was not carried out.

So in my case the cable is laying ready to be pulled across a small patch of grass to the wall of my property.

Every day my orders and appointments on the virgin app shows there is a service request for say Friday the 1st April it does not happen then it just shows the next day and so on. 

I get the the install date then I get an email which says the ground works have not been done and a new install date is given and the process starts again.

So I call customer service or the pre installation team and they only see what the computers tell them. They cannot contact the ground works team to ask why the work has not been carried out. It’s a mess of a company 

Just don't take it personally. Everyone gets the same (lack of) service. 

- jpeg1

Hi @MrK-Evans-EP,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that there appears to be some complications and ongoing delays with the installation of your services. I assure you that we wouldn't cause any delays to this going ahead unless it was necessary and unavoidable, though I can totally appreciate that regardless of the reason it's both inconvenient and irritating.

When did you last speak with the pre-installation team about this and what did they advise? You can reach them by calling 0800 052 1734.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have contacted pre-installation team many times they say as there is a service request open so can do nothing and they have no way of contacting the Pull team so it all keeps going in circles. 
I have put in a number complaints and have been told my installation has been escalated.

I requested a call from a senior manger on a number of occasions no one has been in contacted.

Today yesterday service request failed to happen again as it has on number of occasions plus of course the 3 in a month failed final installs this has been on going now for 2 months.

Hello MrK-Evans-EP

Sorry this is still ongoing

Can we just ask if you have had any updates since Thursday?

If not, Check your private messages, As I would like to take a look into this ands see if it is possible to get some definite answers

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

MrK-Evans-EP
Tuning in

A quick update as far as I can tell there has been no cable pull/ ground works done.

The install date I have been given is the 21st April but I have had multiple dates given so I’m not holding my breath.

From what I can tell there is a lack of communication between contractors & Virginmedia departments. Lots of information is typed in about the customers problem but if the problems different from the normal relatively easy advice then your in trouble.

"So in my case the cable is laying ready to be pulled across a small patch of grass to the wall of my property."

If that's a public area it sounds like they have left a tripping hazard.  It needs to be buried urgently before it causes an accident.

Is the grass a private area or a Council responsibility?  In either case the contractor needs to get permission from the owner. 

You can check whether there is a definite plan to dig it up on this site: https://one.network/

- jpeg1

By the look of it no works planned according to the link you provided.