cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Installation

KJ4
Tuning in

Hello

I've had a guy knock on the door today telling me that Virgin Media FTTP is now available in my area. I was a bit surprised as the road has not been dug up but he told me they use the old BT ducts now.

I am pleased about this as I've been waiting for a FTTP to be available so that I can move my router out of the cupboard at the front of the house.

I asked him if I run a duct under my kitchen if they would pull the cable through it and he said they would and that fibre cables are very small so the duct doesn't need to be too big. However from my research after he left it seems to be that it will be fibre to the front door and then co-ax through the house.

Does anybody know if it will be fibre through the house or co-ax?

11 REPLIES 11

It is Virgin Media supplied cable that I will use and also just leave the two ends for them to make the connection.

Andrew G thanks for your comments. As I said above the cable used on site is supplied by Virgin Media and I have 20m my garage now. My plan is to run a duct from the front door to the lounge which is upstairs. I'm going to run it under the kitchen and up in a soil pipe boxing. I'm going to pull the cable I've got in myself and leave it for VM to connect and they are welcome to pull in their own cable if they would prefer.