Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

FOUR months and still not fixed

hi since i had my virgin broadband back in January. i pay full price to have top broadband deal and i get 40mgb.

ive had 2 engineers out. 1st one just left after swapping brand new router for another brand new one said couldn't fix and would ring his manager and return next day but nothing came of this.

2nd one found issue . which was cable in the road or something and would have to arrange contractors (kelly comms) to dig road up or something.

weeks went by and nothing

then out of the blue they turned up for 15 minutes then left, had to ring and find what was the score,  was promised id get a call back never got nothing.

then couple more weeks went by

turned up again for 30 minutes this time and still nothing rang up to find whats going on. call center bloke was constantly asking me just to turn it off and on and it will work didn't listen to me told him they already found issue to be the cable outside. then hung up 

so issue still fixed cant get through to anyone 

but yet im still paying £37 pm for for 40mgb of internet.

DISGUSTING time to cancel i think

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: FOUR months and still not fixed

What’s “40mgb”?

What speed package are you on please?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

40 mb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean 50?

The 40Mb package hasn’t been offered for a long time. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you also missed what i said....

im paying for the top end package m350 fibre. and because of the issue i have i only get around 40mb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I think you missed it as well as you only made reference to “40mgb” and nowhere in your posts is there any references to the 350Mbps package.

Anyways, how are you measuring these speeds?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

i mention in the opening line i pay for top broadband package.

i measure it with speedtest app.

and also your engineers measured it on the 2 visits i had

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The top package would be the Gig1 service, or the Oomph bundle with 500Mbps, not the 350Mbps. 

Anyway rather than dwelling on (correct) semantics, what speeds do you get when wired directly to the hub via a gigabit-enabled device and a CAT5e/6/7 cable?

Wifi is not an accurate form of Speedtesting and isn’t the basis for confirming speeds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

ive tried it with my 4k firestick which is connected via a cable to the router and using fast.com and speedtest still only achieve around 40mb

but the engineers found on there one of many visits there was an issue with the external cable. from green box to house or something as it was damaged i can give you my account number and you can see the notes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don’t work for Virgin. Per my sig. 

Using a firestick isn’t a way to produce an accurate speedtest result either. 

0 Kudos