cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External works need done, but engineer not returning my call?

pclem0003
Joining in

Hi,

I'm moving into a new house this Friday (29th October) and I decided to go with Virgin media for this.

However I was told that some external work would need done in order to connect my house to the box in the street. So that was fine and an engineer called me last thursday to let me know they had been out to the house to survey it, and that the tarmac would need slightly dug up in order to faciilate this. Obviously I am not in the house yet, so I told the enginer I would ring him back while I surveryed photos to ensure I was okay with this.

I have since tried to contact him with no response whatsoever since last Thursday, my Virgin Media account says there was an appointment yesterday which I knew nothing about? And that has since changed to today (26th October). I'm obviously not able to facilitate these works until I move into the proper either, I currently legally do not own it.

I'm just wondering what I should in order to get more information about this. There is another appointment scheduled for Saturday 30th october but that is for what I believe is the installation of Virgin within the house? Which will be pointless without this external work.

Any help or advice woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

pclem0003
Joining in

Nevermind, the current houseowner just informed me that they would be out to talk to me on Saturday!

Hello pclem0003

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused during the process of getting your new home serviceable, moving home is already a really stressful time with a million and one things to arrange as it is.

I've tried to locate the account from the details you have used to sign up to the forum but have been unable to do so, this limits the information I can provide as to what is currently going on with the installation.

Let us know the outcome of the conversation with the current homeowner on Saturday and we can take it form there.

Rob