cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External work

Slaterm667
Joining in

I have recently signed up the Virgin having left talk talk after 8 years. Received a text 6th August confirming external work. Engineer is booked for 24th August and reading many other posts it is clear this work will not be completed before then. I don't want to have to cancel but I work from home for the MOD and soon out of contract with Talk Talk. I have tried online chat and calling with no joy of an update, plus I don't want to pay ridiculous out of contract charges because Virgin cant organise work on time. This isn't a great starting impression from Virgin, I would prefer honesty if deadlines cannot be met. If in reality I have to wait over another month then forget it. All I want is a realistic update and not from a script.

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Bottom line is that whoever you might call at VM can’t give you any guarantees, simply because they don’t know! It’s all outsourced and VM themselves don’t know when and/or if their sub contractors and sub sub contractors will actually do the job. To be fair, it could still happen, the external works can be done at any point up to the actual install date, even the day before.

Don’t cancel though, you are entitled to compensation for every missed day past 24th of £5.25 per day, whatever the reason! Can you investigate a 4G or 5G connection as a temporary work around until you get a better idea of what is happening?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont cancel any other BB provider until VM is installed and running to your satisfaction

Talk Talk should become a rolling 30day contract - shouldnt it?

Delays like this are becoming increasingly common. That said most straightforward installations are still completed ~ on time - its just when "issues" are discovered things go pear-shaped

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Slaterm667 thanks for your post although I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further, so kindly expect this message to arrive soon and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W