cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External work

Gman12345
Joining in

I have had several appointments now to do the external install work required to get Virgin up to my property before my connection date in the middle of February. I even had apparently an inspector out to see what work was required. But no one ever turns up. Every day the appointment rolls over on the app but no one ever turns up. We’ve gone from six weeks till my connection date down to 2 weeks. Every time I call up they just say the work was never given to an engineer to do. 
will an engineer every turn up?

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The outside work to run a cable from the street is done by a sub-contractor, before a technician can come to install the indoor equipment.

Unfortunately the communications between the sub contractor, Virgin staff and customer can vary from poor toi non-existent. All you can be sure of is that there is no chance of the technician coming until you have seen the outside work being done.

If you browse this forum for threads about installation you will see that you are in a very common position.  If you must have broadband working by a fixed date you should consider a temporary or permanent alternative.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gman12345, sorry that you're having problems with your installation, I can appreciate your frustrations.

Just so I can get a bit more specific, I'm going to pop you a PM just to ask you to confirm some details just so I can look into this further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W