cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External work required but rescheduled 3 times with no status update

james02
Tuning in

Hello VM community.

I signed up for Virgin Media broadband and my start date should have been the 4th of November but I still have no service.

An engineer came in once to check for faults and said that some external work is required to complete the job and this has been scheduled 3 times so far (19 Nov, 29 Nov, and 6 Dec) but never completed for unknown reasons:
VM.jpg
I also never got any confirmation about wether or the job was completed, just a reschedule text as you can see from the screenshot above.

Last time I called the customer service I spoke with a great guy (I can provide his name if helps) who said that he will personally make sure that my installation will go through and that he would call me back but guess what? It never happened.

I just contacted customer service again via WhatsApp and they told me that another external job has been booked for the 17th of December, but honestly I don't really think that this will be done at all considering how they have been handling this.

This is the situation outside the property:
VM-box.jpg

The engineer who came once said that there is continuity between the internal VM wall box and the outside, but that "there is not an available place to connect me to", hence the external work required.

Can you suggest what to do? Can/should I escalate this since I've been for more than a month without the Internet?

Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35

Hey there @james02,

Thanks for coming back to us here on the Community Forum, we again want to apologise for how long this situation has been ongoing 😢

Looking into our system we can see that you have spoken to our team, were they able to assist you?

Did the manager who is calling you back provide a name and date/time they would contact you? We would like to hear how this went so we can assist further where needed.

Hope to hear back soon, Joe

I'm not sure about the manager's name but Andy from the executive team is following me.

He said he should get back to me early next week and that he's sorry for the latest developments.

I'm slowly losing confidence that this will get fixed to be honest.

We do appreciate your frustration with this james02. Have you had any further update from Andy?

^Martin

Andy from the Executive Team just got back to me saying that my property cannot be served by Virgin Media, and they figured it out after 4+ months!

He also confirmed that I might be able to get a compensation and that he will check and get back to me.

I explicitly asked to confirm this in writing and I'm now waiting for an e-mail.

Can you please suggest how should I handle this? I really don't want VM to close my account and make it result that I stopped the process.

Hi james02,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about your installation issues and now being informed your property is non serviceable.

We would have to leave this to be dealt with by Andy.

Sorry this is not the answer you are looking for.

Gareth_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dont hold your breath with the exec team they are hog tied to the same broken system - but see what he says - as to you may be able to get compensation i have no idea what planet 'andy' is on - you are 100% entitled to compensation for each day past the initial install date plus [afaik] a further 30 days if they mark your property as unserviceable - further you are entitled to £26 odd for any missed appointment that you were required to be there

so do the maths if Andy does not offer that or very close then refuse it - a deadlock letter might be useful but take it to arbitration

you should add a further amount - £100 or more for the refusal to pay what is due and more if you want for the BS and lies along the way

Tony.
Sacked VIP