cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External work delays

ConnorVidal
Joining in

I Signed up for Virgin Media on the 15th May with a scheduled installation on the 6th of June. The External work was scheudled for the 1st of June.

The engineers turned up as schedueled on the 1st of June and after two hours stated they were unable to connect the cable as there was a blockage and another team would need to come around to dig a hole and clear the blockage.

It gets to the 5th of June and ive heard nothing so i call Virgin (call 1) and they tell me there been a delay.

The 6th of June roles around and i get an email 'Your delayed activation' My installation date has now been pushed back to the 4th of July. A whole month later. Ive had no explanation to whats going on, no calls apart from the ones ive orcheastered and no expalantion to when the work will be done by.

A few days later a second team comes round and without digging a hole were able to connect the wires with as they put it 'just a bit of force'. As far i was concenred this was great job was done. They told me it was completed and off they went. 

The next day i call Virgin having been informed the external work has been done in person, im looking to bring forward the internal installation. But theres a problem Virgin are saying its not been marked as complete on the job card so cant move my install forward.

They suggest to send another enginer round. However when i follow up on this appointment, it turns out this engineer is only to do a survey of what work i will need done? (ive already been told its complete). 

More days pass and i hear nothing, no survey results no update nothing. I decided to call Virgin again (call 2) they give no infomraiton, no survey results no conclusion, its seems like nothing has happened.

20th of June now and more days pass and i call again (call 3), i get told an engineer will be there on friday to complete the extrenal work, friday passed an no one arrives, i was told on the phone if they didnt arrive on Friday it would be saturday, guess what its a no show.

24th of June i call again (call 4) to tell them no one arrived, they offer me nothing no updates just that they have flagged the case to the area manager. 

27th of June i call again (call 5) to get an update stating my next install date is fast approahcing and no work has been done, one engineer has been out to do a survey and no results seem to have been sent anywhere. I get told an engineer will be here Saturday 2nd July to complete the external work.

2nd of July i call again (Call 6) ive had no updates no engineer nothing. It's two days to install and nothing is happening. I get told they will be here 100%, however its unlikely my install will happen as im the only person with Virgin Media broadband in the area. (this is incorrect i can see Virgin Media connections on the wifi option list...). Im also told an engineer coming by today will only be to do a survey (Again this was apparently already done). They add notes to my file to call me when the work is enginer arrives and again raise my case to the area manager and ask them to call me also. I have been expecting two calls today, ive had none.

It seems to be that nothing is happen, no work is being done and my install will get pushed back again for no reason. Ill recieve no actual explanation to whats going on and no one will take responsbiltiy for my account. 

Im incredily frudtsaretd, during this time ive inccured a ridiculous phone bill obtaining extra data to Work from Home. Ive spent over 4 hours on the phone and still nothing is happening.

I just want someone to take respobsibilty, to give me proper meaning ful updates and tell me what exatly the hold up is and when it will actually be resolved. I have no interenet, no TV, no phone. 

It's making me incredibly stressed and anxious and I have no idea if it's even worth sticking with VM given the obvious lack of professionalism and the lack of trust I have in them now.

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Sadly, your experience is a typical one. You are not alone.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ConnorVidal,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with getting your services installed. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs