cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External work blocked duct

pfishers
On our wavelength

Virgin Media please help, I am at a loss, I am a long standing customer having recently moved home (end of Nov 20) and awaiting a new installation of Virgin media. I was told that a line needed to be fit to connect my property to virgin medias network, your technicians attended multiple times before the internal installation date (which was 04/01/21), they attempted to put the fibre through the ducting but said the ducting is blocked and would require digging up to remove said blockage.

my installation date was then moved to 15/01/21 and i was told that someone would attend to dig up the road, since then no-one has attended and my installation has been moved 3 more times (31/01/21 - 09/02/21 - 25-02-21) and still no sign of an install.

with each move of date i have been promised that the external team will be out to dig up the road and clear the blockage "Tomorrow", and every time this turns out to be untrue.

My wife and I are working from home and have no broadband, we are relying on a 4g SIM card. And as coverage is bad in my area speeds are very slow and inconsistent. I have had to pay for this and a 4g router (over £200 in expenses so far). Every time I call I am promised it will be installed "tomorrow" and yet tomorrow never comes. I honestly do not believe a word you say anymore, I am sick and tired of chasing you up and getting no-where, I really don't know what to do anymore, I don't want o cancel as I have enjoyed your services for many years but it seems I have no choice

33 REPLIES 33

I am in the same boat, I have been waiting since November for the exact same thing. However as of today they have now decided that my property is unserviceable, despite the fact that many of the neighbouring properties all use Virgin Media.

Unfortunately you have to keep calling and act like a horrible person to eventually get put through to a local area manager.

I am currently waiting for a senior manager to look in to the issue and decide whether connecting me is possible, again, despite the fact that a lot of other properties use Virgin.

I hope your situation doesn't go as badly as mine did, I do think the main delay comes down to waiting for permission from the council.

Regards,

CParr21

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pfishers

firstly welcome to the community forum page, very excited to have you on here. 

Very sorry to hear of these issues you are having and we will get this sorted for you ASAP. I'm going to Private message you just to get some details so we can get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pfishers
On our wavelength
Thank you, that would be fantastic, as I am still waiting for the external work to be done, and as it gets ever closer to my next install date (15/03/21) I fear it will be moved yet again :(.

Thank you,

Paul.

Thanks for coming back to us pfishers and we certainly hope to get this installed for you on 15/03 for you

Do please report back to the thread if this doesn't take place as expected, and we'll seek to take a closer look

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

pfishers
On our wavelength
Hi David,

Thank you for the response, but I am pretty sure this will not go ahead on the 15th as there is no sign of the external duct clearing taking place, not even on the councils roadwork map (which shows others having the same job done around me), please can you look into this for me before the 15th.

Thank you.

I'll seek to E-Mail the area field manager to see if I can have any light shed on this for you

Hopefully I can get an update sooner rather than later for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

pfishers
On our wavelength
Hi David,

Did you hear anything back from the field manager yet?

Thank you.

Paul.

pfishers
On our wavelength

Just got off the phone with someone from the contactor company who would be doing the work (NMCN I believe), he said that he has chased up the job for me and has been told that they are awaiting virgin media to confirm the price for works so they can then get a permit from the council to begin work. so this is currently with virgin media, yet when i call virgin media they don't have a clue. I understand this may be a different department, can you pint me in the direction of someone who can push this through please as this will never get done and remain in limbo if not agreed (which explains why i am getting nowhere).

Hi Pfishers,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update on how things are on your side, I have taken over this for David and have sent a chaser email to the local area field managers to ask for an update. The last email they sent us was about contacting the back office team, so I am hopeful they will have some sort of update for me.

Thanks,

Megan_L

pfishers
On our wavelength
Hi Megan,

Thank you for the quick response, I am struggling to get any information and would be really grateful for you chasing that up.

Thank you.

Paul.