Menu
JT1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

External cabling

I have an install due in a couple of weeks for broadband and a land line. I don’t currently have a cable coming to my property, but there is one on the path just of my property. Will the engineer install the cabling externally on the same day?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: External cabling

For an install where there is no cable from the street usually involves two teams. Team one who pull the cable through from the street box to your property and often just leave a coil of it inside your property line. It’s often two people. Team two, usually one technician, install the omnibox on the outside of your property and does all the internal work. Team one often comes a day or two before team two as the do not need to get into your property.

Be aware that if you are having TV and broadband installed the VM hub does NOT have to be in the same location as the TV box. The hub is best installed centrally to give the best WiFi. The technician will often want to install them in the same location because it’s easier. If you want the hub moved at a later date it will cost you £99, so it’s best to get it right from the start. 
Do not let the technician leave until you are fully satisfied with the installation. It can be a lengthy process to get things corrected at a later date.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos