cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cables

KevCant
Joining in

Hi,

So I've recently had to get the external cable re-laid as some works outside the property damaged the main cables feeding into the property. This work was carried out by a third party contractor on behalf of VM but they made a right mess of the work.

IMG-20220106-WA0007.jpg

It looks a lot worse now than it does in this photo.

Called VM who sent an engineer only for the engineer to turn up with a shovel and say they can't do the work and it needs to be third party contractor.

Complaint made but the same resolution was proposed, tried to call and email the resolution team but what they can come up with is for an engineer visit that didn't show up today.

It's currently been 2-3 months since this work was carried out. Has anyone had anything like this ? Or can anyone point me to the right direction on who to contact ? Going through the VM switchboard there doesn't seem to be an option for this kind of problem 😔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KevCant

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear about the current state of the cabling after the external works. We want to do our best to help resolve this for you. I have been able to locate your details on our system and I can see you have been able to reach our team regarding this. Has the issue been fully resolved by our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KevCant

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear about the current state of the cabling after the external works. We want to do our best to help resolve this for you. I have been able to locate your details on our system and I can see you have been able to reach our team regarding this. Has the issue been fully resolved by our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi,

An engineer came to dig up a bigger trench for the cables but it's currently a temp fix. 

The engineer said the cables havent been laid down correct as it should have been around the boundary.

I should be the contractor that needs to do the work really to make it right.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KevCant

Thanks for the reply!

Has the engineer advised of any next steps regarding this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team