cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cable

Apajh
Joining in

Our main external cables need protective covers, they are exposed to the elements.

Please contact me to arrange a solution. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is this on a new install?

Post up some photos of the issue. A VM person will comment on here in a few days when they get to this thread.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No, it's never been covered( for years,) but recently re-exposed due to renovations. 

Hi Apajh,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Can we ask if your cables were buried in the earth and have resurfaced due to your renovations?

As our valued member @jbrennand has already advised, are you able to upload pictures of the cables that need the protective conduit and possible reburying.

We ask for pictures as there is a call out charge of £25 to rebury cables.

Kind regards Jodi. 

VID_20220303_134810_exported_699.jpg

 Hello, the cable had been buried previously yes, but we have excavated it. It was never covered with protection. Please book an engineer visit, understand that a charge is necessary. 

VID_20220303_134843_exported_2910.jpg

Thank you for your response @Apajh

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this issue. Please lookout for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs