cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cable not fitted properly

AGV131
Tuning in

I have just joined Virgin and a team arrived to fit an external cable to my house. They have just thrown the cable across my garden and under my artificial grass which has caused a lump. . Virgin help say leave it until connection date but I will then loose my telephone and broadband. 

Who do I contact.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AGV131 wrote:

I have just joined Virgin and a team arrived to fit an external cable to my house. They have just thrown the cable across my garden and under my artificial grass which has caused a lump. . Virgin help say leave it until connection date but I will then loose my telephone and broadband. 

Who do I contact.

Post up some photos of the issue on here for the VM forum team to advise.

Bodge-it-and-scarper installation techniques are often described on here.

It won't be fixed during any future VM tech visit as it will doubtless turn into a case of, "Not my job, mate!"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos so a VM staff person can see the issue when they get here in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AGV131 wrote:

Who do I contact.

Post up some photos of the issue on here for the VM forum team to advise.

Bodge-it-and-scarper installation techniques are often described on here.

It won't be fixed during any future VM tech visit as it will doubtless turn into a case of, "Not my job, mate!"

thanks for that. As I am new -how do i attach photos to post?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you are replying to a message, use the camera icon on the menu bar to insert a photo. There is a photo file size limit so you may need to reduce the image resolution down from modern phone cameras in order to upload.

See

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/images_insertimage_v2

and try the small, medium or large options when adding the pic.

The image also has to be approved by the forum moderators before it appears to the public. Until that happens a holding image will be used.

Hi AGV131, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. did you manage to upload the photos as nothing has come through. Do you still require assistance with this? Chris. 

thanks for that . Got it!!

virgin cable 3.jpgvirgin cable 2.jpgvirgin cable 3.jpgvirgin cable 4.jpg

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there AGV131, thanks for posting the pics. 
We're sorry to see of the issue with the cables, I will be able to assist further by sending you a PM here, shortly.

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs