cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cable cut

Maxtedmail
Tuning in

We have had our external cable cut whilst some bushes were being trimmed today. Is there a way to rejoin the cables or is it a call-out from virgin required?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Maxtedmail wrote:

We have had our external cable cut whilst some bushes were being trimmed today. Is there a way to rejoin the cables or is it a call-out from virgin required?

Technically yes, however VM should do the work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Maxtedmail wrote:

Technically yes, however VM should do the work.

Depends how clean the cut is and how much slack is available. Either a ten minute job for a Virgin technician, or a cable re-pull that could take weeks to arrange.

Call customer support and report service failure. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, it’s a clean cut on a run around a wall, cable was fed through some bushes (limited access at time of installation) so plenty of slack.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Good, the technician should be able to fix that. There is an official charge of £25 but it doesn't always seem to be charged for a genuine accident. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Maxtedmail, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've accidentally cut the cable. We can certainly get a visit arranged for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Maxtedmail, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I can see the next available appointment has already been booked in for you so I have left things as they are. 

Please keep us posted on how the visit goes and if you need anything else - you know where we are. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs