cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External box seen better days

KeithSaxon
Tuning in

Hi, I've just moved home and the exterior box (brown, rectangular) is missing its cover. The broadband is set up and working but I'm not sure for how long considering everything is exposed.

PXL_20220731_155518196_exported_1659297925912.jpg

What's the best way to get this sorted please?

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will get it sorted for you when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

That's brilliant, and thanks for the quick reply!

Just a quick bump, to see if anyone from VM can help me with this.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @KeithSaxon,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and book an engineer visit to get your omni-box repaired. I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @KeithSaxon.

I have arranged for the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks again Steven, much appreciated!

Hi,

I just wanted to ask about this again because I've not yet had any contact from a technician regarding an appointment.

Thanks,

-Keith

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there KeithSaxon, thanks for this reply and your question.

Sorry for any confusion caused in regard to the appointment we previously booked for your omni-box cover.

Please, visit this page here where you can view and manage your appointments to check when this has been arranged for.
Is it now past the time for this visit or not yet?
Let us know in case it is not showing or if you have managed to check and sort this out since your last post.

We're happy to help if you are having any issues with the above, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have clicked that link and logged in many times looking for any messages or appointment details and I cannot see anything, this is still the case now. 

Regards,

Keith