cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Works Text? How To Contact Virgin?

Damian227
Joining in

So I've just joined yesterday for Broadband and a Mobile Sim and woke to a text about needing external work done prior to the switch on... only I can't reply to the text as my old contract is suspended. 

There is no phone number, no live chat, no Twitter help team. I'm so confused how I can actually talk to an actual human and confirm it and ask why my sim doesn't even show as being set up on my account? 

Not particularly impressed with the nightmare of finding the support team despite like an hour in the help section being sent in circles.

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are not installed yet it is unlikely your new account will be active.

External work could either be a cable pull from the cabinet, which is a contractor job usually performed in a couple of weeks, or there is an issue with the underground ducting. Duct issues have the potential to cause serious delays, as some local authorities are notoriously slow issuing work permits to VM contractors to dig roads & paths. The average to do this type of work is 6 - 8 weeks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thats not the issue. The issue is they've text me for permission to come do the external work and I can't respond to the text. But I have no contact number to call them to confirm the work. The help area keeps looping me and won't get me a bloody phone number. So i'm stuck.

Z92
Trouble shooter

You can call them on 0345 454 1111

But they'll likely do the work whether you confirm the appointment or not, unless you specifically state you are isolating and even then, since they don't need access to the inside of your property, they'll probably still do the work.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Damian227

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to have this looked into by the team?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs