cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Work??

immortanjo
Joining in

So I booked my installtion like a month ago and today a technician showed up on time, spent 10 minutes looking for the socket and told me he couldn't install it for me as it would require another team to do some external work. Shouldn't that be done before the installation???

I specifically requested pre-installation survey to avoid such situation and now I am left with no Internet connection and no estimated installation date. Also, I received the estimated bill soon after the technician left? I don't even have the service installed!!

13 REPLIES 13

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @immortanjo,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for posting, we really appreciate it.

Apologies about the delayed response, and we're sorry to hear that your install has been pushed back! I can understand that this is a very frustrating situation.

If you have not been in contact with the pre-install team, I would advise you give them a call directly on 08000521734.

However, I have been able to find locate your account from the details you used on your forum page and I can see that you have been in touch with the team recently and they advised you of more details.

Please keep us updated on your install and let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has been two weeks and I have zero communication from Virgin.

Can you please let me know the progress of my installation/ re-pull work?

Thanks for your post immortanjo,

I can see that you've been able to speak to our team today and they have been able to offer you a time frame of when the installation is due to take place

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I noticed that the contract was sent to the wrong email address(due to the typo of the agent). Also there were three appointments scheduled for external work and no one showed up so far. I have no idea what's going on.

Hello immortanjo

Apologies for the delays in getting you installed, we can understand the frustration caused by these delays.

From your account it looks like permission was required for some work to be carried out, notes indicate this was obtained on the 7th May, I've reached out to the team to see if there are any updates on this.

As soon as I get a response I will let you know.

Rob

Any update? I was waiting for the engineer to come and install the service but I just checked, the appointment was cancelled????

Hello immortanjo

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you, I can see you have spoken to the team today in regards to the cancelled appointment. From the information i have received this is due to the work required to complete the installation. As it requires a two man crew this has caused a delay to the date.

I'm sorry for both the delays and the inconvenience caused.

Rob

I did call several times. One of the agents just suddenly ended the call midway. The second time I was transferred to the field operation center but then it said they couldn't handle my call right now. Now I'm on my third call.

I am literally furious at the moment. How many appointments I had already? Two pre-survey staff and two or three engineers showed up and the internet still hasn't been installed. WTH?

As I'm going back to the office next week, I don't really have more time to waste with Virgin Media.

I can understand your frustration immortanjo and, again, apoligise for the inconvenience caused. Let us know how the call goes.

Rob