cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Work Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had contractors turn up three times to try to complete the external works and this is yet to be completed. I've got my installation date pushed back twice now and I'm worried I wont be able to be installed on the 14th. What happens next?

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

Z92
Trouble shooter

Can't really do anything until the external work is completed, did they say why the work wasn't completed?

If it's because of construction work needing to take place then your installation may be delayed by 6 -  8 weeks as this is typically the time required to process everything, including any necessary council permits/etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe its because of the quality of the ducts. We've got Cityfibre installed down the streets recently and they've left a mess. I probably can't wait 6-8 weeks if it gets delayed again since we're currently renting and dont plan to stay here past March (Was going to suck up the early cancellation fee). The CityFibre network goes live mid aug, promising better speeds and cheaper pricing (Aswell as proper FTTP). lets see whats happens I guess 😛

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swinkid, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear your install has been delayed. I have found your account and can see when the works have been booked, I can let you know this via PM after we clear security if you wish?

I will send you message now, keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you could that would be good.