Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

External Cabling

Hello,

On Tuesday 8th December at 8am, 2 engineers from Comex2000 came to my home address to complete a repull on behalf of Virgin Media, having not been at home during this install i was not able to discuss the way the cabiling was completed.

The cabling as promised by Comex2000 and Virgin Media would be "Hidden" along all of the walling at the top of the property and not exposed on the main pathway to the public, although this has been clipped to the wall, the cabling is exposed and could at some point become a trip hazard to the public, the engineers have taken the quick option to complete this install rather than lifting a paving slab to sink the cabling, the way it has been left is poor and very disappointing.

There are several other ways that this cable could of been hidden and not exposed like it has, the install has obviously been rushed and the easier option chosen.

I would like this sorted asap so the cabling is fully hidden as previously promised and from my side any issues with the public having accidents etc has been raised and notified from my side to Comex2000

I look forward to hearing from you before i take this matter further.

Best Wishes

A Field

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Cabling

Do you have any photos? They can be interpreted much easier than written text. 

Also, installation engineers will not lift paving slabs or modify hard surfaces. They will only hide cabling under soft services, such as grass or gravel. If you wish the cabling to be underneath slabs then you need to lift the slabs in advance of them arriving and relay them back afterwards. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wont be taking any photos i've stated its a trip hazard. 

Its not my place to take the photos of Comex2000's error, also after numerous engineers, 4 in total over 5 separate visits telling me the cabling will be sunken, they could see that there was no grass etc but still stated that all cabling would not be visible.

If a member of public falls though, good luck with your case, i have raised it with yourselves and highlighted this.

Best WishesAdam Field

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also just to advise the paving slabs are not on my property, they are on the pavement, if youre saying that engineers do not lift slabs, that is a lie as they had to lift 2 yesterday to get to the access point which is on the pavement not my property.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying the cabling is resting on top of the public pavement slabs? If so this is a serious H&S risk. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes its reseting on public pavement slabs, and is above the ground as previously stated hence why i said its is a trip hazard and H&S risk.

0 Kudos
feeps
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

I wont be taking any photos i've stated its a trip hazard. Its not my place to take the photos 

That's a little bit belligerent. It was a simple request to see a very good visual representation of what you are trying to (poorly) describe.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This has now been sorted by Comex2000 a lot more helpful than Virgin Media customer service.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sorted within 11 hours of you posting on the forum?
no-noe from virgin has responded to your thread here, so it's likely that they were coming back out anyway and you posting here has had absolutely nothing to do with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They came out due to a phone made to Comex2000. this morning, the message on the message board was incase we had no luck with Comex2000

Thanks for your concern 🙂

0 Kudos