cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Cables

damopower13
Joining in

Hi,

We bought our 1960s house a few years ago. There is all this cabling running under/in soffit, hanging low into my shed and connecting about 5 houses together.

These cables do not enter my property. I have been told that they are property of Virgin Meda.

Can these be removed? (see attached)IMG-20220222-WA0002.jpgIMG-20220222-WA0000.jpegIMG-20220222-WA0003.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The answer is probably not easily and probably not quickly if they are VM cables.

Do your property deeds make any references to VM or a past cable company having permissions or agreements in place to run cables over your property?

Do you know if the five houses involved are actually making use of the cable(s) for VM services?

Have a look at a similar topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cables-installed-without-owners-permissio...

which ends up covering two similar situations and resulted in some sort of resolution after some long delays.

One of the VM forum team should reply here within a day or two.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi damopower13

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

With situations like this, we would need to seek some guidance from our field team as the cables are potentially servicing other properties. We would have had permission from the homeowner at the time of the installation and there is a possibility that services may have been installed in your home. 

We would be happy to review the options but I will just need to grab a few details via private message. I will pop this over now and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat