cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Cable Removal

jamesevans
Tuning in

Hi

I am not a customer of VM but previous owner of the house was. However it appears the Virgin Cable from the pavement runs over my next door neighbours garden before coming under the fence and connecting to my house. My neighbour has requested if i no longer need it then would like it removed.

Is this something VM would need to do or something i would need to do myself?

Thanks James

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the neighbour a VM customer? Are you planning to be ? How urgent is the request?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

I don't believe the neighbour is a customer, and i am not planning to be - it's not urgent but would like to resolve it for the neighbour who are elderly and nice people.

Thanks James

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its always a tricky one when you arent VM customers. The truth is that if VM dont sort it to your satisfaction in a reasonable time then you can just remove all the cabling and boxes and dump iyt in the skip - there is no actual voltage in them. But to prevent causing issues to other customers with bad connections exposed - give them a reasonable time to sort it before you get stuck in.

I will ask VM to come and contact you on here to discuss what can be done. But dont let it disappear into a black hole that involves an Area Field Manager.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your help John - i'll pursue through the correct channels and see how i get on - could possibly go down the H&S route, with the neighbours being elderly and the ducting being a trip hazard as it is above ground in places.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Forum staff on here are usually helpful - just wait until you get a response soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jamesevans,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry about this unruly cable and I can get this looked at for you, I will pop you over a PM to get some details and we can get a tech arranged to go out, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie