Menu
antlane
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Extending the Virgin network as it stops at the next-door property

The Virgin cabling on our street apparently stops outside the adjacent property and doesn’t reach our block of flats.  I have been trying to find out who to talk to about the possibility of extending the cabling but no one at Virgin appears sure who I should talk to – I’ve spoken to quite a few departments, none of whom are the correct people.

There are three blocks in my development comprising 24 flats. We are unable to get fibre through BT as, despite every other cabinet in the area having been upgraded, ours hasn’t. Openreach have quoted us £10,000 to get full fibre installation which is a lot of money and you can see why Virgin is such a good proposition.  I’d have thought we must make an attractive business case to make a short extension to the cabling given the potential for 24 new customers.  Wayleave access permission would not be an issue with the management company.

Does anyone know who I can speak to about this? Or do I need to get my neighbours to all submit their interest in order to flag our area as one that should be extended to?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extending the Virgin network as it stops at the next-door property

Let me take a look at this for you, I will need a little more info so will message you privately. Thank you

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more