cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending isolator cable

serebro
Joining in

Firstly, new customer, self install last weekend. 

my issue, isolator-cable far too short, needs to be at least 5m not 1.5m for where my tv is.  A response to my previous post suggests calling for a tech appt and not to buy my own cable due to VM t&c. 

just called VM, was told they wouldn’t send a tech out just to extend or install for me and that I should buy my own cable. When asked about t & c, was told it wouldn’t break them, so …

can any VM mod, help me out here? No point having VM if it’s not right for me, I can still reinstate my Sky contract. 

thx. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@serebro wrote:

my issue, isolator-cable far too short, needs to be at least 5m not 1.5m for where my tv is.  A response to my previous post suggests calling for a tech appt and not to buy my own cable due to VM t&c. 

Correct. £25 for a non-fault callout, or potentially free if part of the install process.

@serebro wrote:

just called VM, was told they wouldn’t send a tech out just to extend or install for me and that I should buy my own cable. When asked about t & c, was told it wouldn’t break them, so …

Was this an offshore agent by any chance? They were wrong. You can either callback and speak to someone else.. or wait here for staff to respond, that might take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

tell them the problem - if they want £25 which they should not just threaten to give 30 days notice which should concentrate their minds

or wait for VM here again there should be no charge although i picked a reply up earlier from staff suggesting a £25 call out - again thats wrong on a new self install

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi serebro,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We would be able to send a technician out to extend the cable for you as part of your new installation. 

I'll send you a PM to discuss further.

Kain

Hi, 

Can I also be messaged regarding a technician coming out to extend my isolator cable please? 

I am currently in the process of moving around my lounge and require a longer cable to reach where we want the tv to go.

Thanks

Dan