cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Cable

DanJones93
Joining in

Hi,

Just moved in to a new property, and the cable comes from the opposite side of the room to where we want the Hub/TiVo box. I have had the new stuff delivered which has new cables, but the old owner also left her old cables behind. If I buy a female to female adapter for the cables, will I be able to use the old cables to extend the cable from the wall out, without any change in the performance?

TIA

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Good call - its only £25 - or - as its a new install you might be able to get it for free. The cables will be cut to the correct size and terminated correctly. The Tech will also check all the signal levels and adjust them if required due to adding a longer cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi DanJones93,

Thanks for posting 🙂

I can see you've been able to get in touch regarding the cable, any further issues please let us know 🙂

Alex_Rm

Roughly how many times does it take an employee telling me a cable will be delivered in 5 working days for it to actually be delivered? I am on attempt number 3, this time I’ve been given a specific day and time for it to be delivered, let’s see if it shows up this time!

FYI - Not been able to use TiVo box yet since it arriving as not had the cable!

Hi DanJones93, thanks for the message, can you let us know if the cable has not arrived by Friday. 

If it is still not received we will be able to look into this further for you. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi,

After calling on Thursday someone finally came yesterday and cut me a longer cable to fit. So far so good.

Hi @DanJones93,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that we've been able to help you out with this.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!