cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend outside cable

Kaisersoze82
Joining in

Hello, we are having a new driveway in about 3 weeks. Our cable currently runs just below the surface and the driveway installer recommended to would be better if it were to have a bit or slack so it can below the ground safely. 

Anyone have any ideas whether virgin can do this and who I speak to? Was on hold for an hour then got cut off..

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes they will relocate the cable at a cost of £25.

Try calling in at ~08.00 its usually easier. A VM person will respond on here and sort it for you but it can take a few days for them to get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the cable relocation means that the cable from the street box to the omnibox on the outside off your home becomes too short, there are two options, 1) join the cable with a gel joiner 2) run a new cable from the street box. I don’t think 1) would be very good if the join was buried under the new drive. 2) May take some time to do and I don’t know if this would be covered by the standard £25 fee. Speak to the VM staff member and see what they suggest. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kaisersoze82, 

Thanks for your post.

I can take a look at this for you.

From experience it will just be a matter of extending the cable by a few feet to allow its to be buried a ta suitable depth.

The Engineer on the day will be able to advise what is the best solution. 

Sadly we do have to charge £25 for this.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L