cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend cable length from street to 'box' on front wall.

alanp65
Joining in

Front garden surfacing to be renewed shortly, so anticipate needing cable from street extended (to bury deeper) and 'pavement' box relocated. How do i get a VM engineer out to advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by a pavement box - are you talking about the streetcab? Or something else? - perhaps post a picture if it helps.

You can book non-fault callouts by the same method as you report service faults. Either waiting on here a day or so, or calling in on 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) - be aware there's a £25 charge for non-fault visits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by a pavement box - are you talking about the streetcab? Or something else? - perhaps post a picture if it helps.

You can book non-fault callouts by the same method as you report service faults. Either waiting on here a day or so, or calling in on 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) - be aware there's a £25 charge for non-fault visits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that.

I don't mean Street Cabinet. I mean the little metal cover which protects the cable under the pavement before it leaves public space for the private space which is under my lawn.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Should be straightforward and a £25 charge.

Call in to book the Tech visit - or just wait here a day or two for a VM person to pick this up here and sort it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey @alanp65,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I have looked into this and can see that you haven't yet spoken to the team to arrange an appointment. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message or would you prefer to call into the team and raise the appointment that way.

Please let me know and if you want me to arrange the appointment let me know and I will send over a private message to get this looked into.

Regards

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

Thanks for your message.

I would be happy for you to arrange the appointment required and, accordingly, look forward to receiving your private message.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thanks for the response alanp65.

To get this arrange I've dropped you a PM.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain