cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable to house

logout
Joining in

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and trying to get in touch with the right people at Virgin to try and get this issue sorted. The cabling for my VM install starts off buried and then surfaces to the side of the house where it runs above ground for a good few metres before entering the house.

There appears to be no cabling protection and the box isn't attached to the side of the house either so I worry it will become damaged in some strong wind or something of the sort. Also a very poor installation originally - there's another VM cable just laying there on the side of the house not connected to anything and what looks like telephone wires poking out.

I suspect that this install job is the reason why my internet keeps dropping out momentarily, with high lag (making voice calls sound very robotic)

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
Post up a couple of pictures - Forum staff will then be best placed to advise!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @logout,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues on our forums.

I'm sorry that the installation hasn't been completed to your satisfaction. I can arrange for the cable to be buried correctly but would need to take a few details from you via private message to get this arranged. I will drop the private message over in a moment, please look out for it.

Regarding your internet connection, we do have some area maintenance happening today that should be  completed by 17:30, hopefully this will resolve your connection issues, please let us know how the connection is running after this time.

Regards,

Steven_L

logout
Joining in

Thanks all for the messages! I've uploaded a few photos of the install to this post for reference and just replied to your PM @Steven_L

IMG_7687.jpgIMG_7686.jpgIMG_7692.jpg

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @logout.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L