cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experienced my first of many poor services

Vdao
Joining in

Hi new customer here…

Began a 18 months broadband contract from a Thursday 26th Jan. I mentioned to the sales rep before getting the contract that I wasn’t a previous virgin media customer meaning I would need the box to be installed for the insulator cable to be fitted.

I have now been told the earliest time the engineer can come by is the 8th Feb!! Meaning I’ll have downtime for almost 2 weeks. What a great start, and they have the cheek to charge me £25 for the call out.

It’s crazy how I’m still being charged for all this downtime.

Massive regrets on joining.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have existing broadband or internet connectivity that this new install is replacing, then start making plans to extend that.

You shouldn't be charged for any services until they are live and working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have been told I need a coax box for my hub in order for it to work. They mentioned my existing broadband connectivity which uses a telephone line would not work

I know I shouldn’t be charged for this until it is live but unfortunately I still am. This is ridiculous.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vdao,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been charged for an appointment to install your wall socket - this should most certainly not be the case. I'm going to send you a private message to look into this for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ