cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expecting Hub 5, recieved Hub 4

aaronwiwi
Tuning in

Hi. I just upgraded from M500 to Gig1, and according to my contract I was to recieve a Hub 5. However, I recieved a Hub 4 instead.

Simple mistake on Virgins part? I've read about issues with the Hub 5 release in early Jan 2022, but surely those were ironed out a year later.

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, the issue currently is with supply of Hub5, hence your delivery of Hub4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As in supply chain issues? If so, when supply issues improve, are Virgin likely to send me a Hub 5 to replace the Hub 4?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When supply is better, I doubt you will be sent a Hub5 as the Hub4 is perfectly OK for the gigabit service, except for a small number of users.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is dissapointing, since one of the main reasons I agreed to upgrade was the Hub 5's Wifi 6 support =(

This is false advertising. The upgrade contract I agreed to specifically mentions the Hub 5 and is the main reason for me upgrading due to my WI-FI 6 laptop. But I've also received a Hub 4.

Same thing happened to me. They said I will receive the hub 5 when it’s in stock. Or I can return the hub 4 for a refund. 

I will bite my teeth till the hub 5 is available. Really could do with the 2.5Gbe port. I am getting max around 940-95” rather than the 1140 they advertise.

Not false advertising, blatant mis-selling and breach of contract. 
I posted this in another thread and despite that thread being flagged, I nor, another person with the same issue, have had any suggestions as to a resolution. 

Do you want a Hub 5 ...

This forum is awash with reports of Hub 5's amazing ability to provide :-

+ Persistent WiFi connection issues with kit from IoTs, TV to Apple iPhone & laptops
+ Breakdowns - it is a bargain basement Sagemcom the French company so quelle surprise !
+ DNS blocking issues - the Hub 5 does filter DNS queries & does just time out, even if you specify 8.8.8.8 as your DNS it is intercepted.
+ Firmware update failures & start up loops
+ Failures to sync with the DOCSIS services

Tronn206
On our wavelength
Err. Yes please. I'd like to be able to use WI-FI 6 and also actually receive the hardware that is advertised.