cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact date of Street Go-Live

IanHamilton1
Joining in

Hi,

Could a VM rep please get in touch so I can find out the exact date an address will have VM connected and consumable - the owner (of the house I intend on buying) has said they laid cables just last month.

Postcode is DH5 8JA.

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ll dust off my crystal ball & see what the future holds😄

Seriously, the ground build is the first of many stages to a go live service, & the only one that is visible. The major work goes on back at the headend where the CMTS have to be commissioned & load balanced. If the entire area is being cabled from scratch it could be several months down the line, as the entire section has to be completed & possibly others before go live even starts.

It is therefore unlikely staff here will have any dates. It would be very unusual if they had.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IanHamilton1.

Welcome back to the community.

We wouldn't know the exact dates of when an area is going to be serviceable unfortunately. You can use our postcode checker here and click on the 'Notify me when available' for any updates on when we are installation in the area. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley