Menu
alistairkidd
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Every other property on our street has access to Virgin services apart from us

Hello,

About 5 months ago Virgin laid cables on our street. 

I understand that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes during the meantime, however I was surprised to find out that all of the other properties on the street have since received access to Virgin services.

Only a small block of flats, of which I am a tenant, seem to have been missed.

I am interested as to why this may be the case, and was wanting to know if I can expect to get access at some point in the future?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every other property on our street has access to Virgin services apart from us

Do you mean all the flats in your block not got VM or just you?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
alistairkidd
Joining in
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every other property on our street has access to Virgin services apart from us

Hi, Thanks for replying 

It is the entire address, so non of the tenants have the option of services.

But the houses next door have access, and another block of flats, which is literally joined on to our property (although technically a different postcode) is also getting services.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Maybe your landlord as denied access, have you spoken to him if that could be the case?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
alistairkidd
Joining in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I had considered that possibility.

I have contacted the landlord and I'm awaiting a response.

If he has already denied access, would it be too late for permission to be granted?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi alistairkidd

If they've all received services on the street then the work has been fulfilled according to the original budget and permits and yes it's too late to request this.

We can ask the question but it may be a no for now 😞

Pop back to me on the PM I have sent that you can find on the top right.

Just FYI I am on annual leave for a week from today so I may not reply till next week

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alistair

Thanks for the PM back last week

I've checked and quite a lot of your street shows as refer to our Postcode Checker for Cable My Street

Have you registered on this?

Pop back and let me know if you did and if so when so I can then look at raising this with our teams further to see if they can find out more.

Cheers

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
alistairkidd
Joining in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As far as I was aware, there were only three blocks of flats on the street which do not have availability.

I registered for Cable My Street in February 2018, I believe.

Virgin Media began carrying out expansion works two months later (although I suspect this was more coincidental) 🙂

Hope is information helps.

Alistair

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alistair

I'll pop this back to the teams to see if they are aware of plans where this is included.

I'll let you know what they say when they get back in touch though this may take a few days to a week just FYI

Cheers for popping back to me and speak soon!

Kaz

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alistair

Thanks for the PM chaser.

I appreciate you getting back

I've not heard back and I apologise as normally I do within the time frame I had previously mentioned.

I have sent a further chaser today for you.

I will be back as soon as possible with their update.

Thanks again

Forum Team

0 Kudos