cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurobell connection needs replacing

freshflyingfish
Tuning in

I've just moved into a new home and signed up for a virgin Internet and TV bundle. I was eligible for quickstart so took that option. 

When the Internet is running it's fine with good speeds.  However it frequently drops out frequently. I have followed all the reboot and reset procedures but still having the same problem.

The cable enters the house via an old Eurobell box - pic attached. As this unit is at least 23 years old now, I figure that it, and the external cabling, is probably causing the problem. How do I go about getting a engineer to replace the box?

Customer service seems to be non existent post purchase. 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For balance, my cable uses my old NTL omnibox of a similar age without any issues.

You need to check your power levels, network log and setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done, post the numbers and we can comment.

In the meantime, check the connections from your Hub back to the outside box are all at least "finger tight", as loose connections can cause noise ingress.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @freshflyingfish 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums, we can certainly assist you with the current socket box on your wall. We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks

Sabrina

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @freshflyingfish 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for you new connection plates & Omnibox issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina