cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection issues

03kerfr
Joining in

My wifi works but anything I connect via Ethernet cable cannot connect to the internet. I have tried several devices with several cables, I have also tried following guides online and a pin hole reset does not work, I suspect there is an issue with the hub but none of the options on the website anticipate this as an issue so it sends me round in circles. How do I speak to a person or request an engineer?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This a paste of a post made by VIP -Tudor - some time ago.

You can test the cable and/or if the Hub ports are working ok, by doing this. Plug an Ethernet cable into two of the ports on your hub, the LEDs in the connectors should flash if it’s ok. Try on all ports and with all of the cables you have. It’s unlikely, but possible, that several cables are faulty. If no LEDs flash when testing both cables I would expect the problem lies with the hub. Do a pin-hole reset for 60 seconds and the hub will restart, do NOT power cycle the hub. After a few minutes retry the tests above.

If no LEDs light, call customer services and report the faulty hub. 

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just tried this, I am getting a solid light when I connect the Ethernet cable at both ends but still no internet connection through Ethernet. Is there a number I can call that will not send me into an infinite bit loop?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Also a VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a day or two for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi 03kerfr, thanks for the message. 

I have looked into this and cannot see an issue as everything is showing as green, can you confirm what was advised on the last call and if the issue is still present? 

Thanks 

Chris