cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment collection email, while agent said I can "recycle equipment" myself

tadas-s
Joining in

I recently stopped my Internet contract by calling Virgin Media over phone.

I specifically asked will VirginMedia be sending a package to return equipment. Agent said "it's old equipment" and that I can "go ahead and recycle it". I think router is "Hub 3", but what do I know if it's old or not?.. So I looked up local council small e-waste containers and put the router there. Now this morning I got an email "when can we collect your kit?". And it asks to book collection date. What's up with that? Will I have to pay non-returned equipment fee now? 😞

2 REPLIES 2

tadas-s
Joining in

OK.. Called support and was told to ignore these emails and text about equipment return. Needless to say that did cause irritation and annoyance since last time I heard "unreturned equipment charge" is £40.

Hey @tadas-s,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums. 

I'm sorry that you have been told conflicting information about your equipment, I will need to take a look into this further but would need to do this via a private message, so that we can confirm your details and get this looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L