cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Activation

Jen_Y

Hi, we are aware of an issue delaying activations of equipment.

The team have advised they’re working to get it fixed ASAP. The ticket reference is P010418314

Thanks 

Jen_Y

Community Mod 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

13 REPLIES 13

mork23
Tuning in

Engineer disappeared nearly 3 hours ago.  Told me the flashing light sequence on the Hub 3 was because it's waiting to be activated (incidentally, this does not match any of the 'What lights are you seeing' in the support section; cycling through power light green flashing - power light green solid, internet light flashing green.  Power light white solid, internet light flashing red).  Left it 2 hours then tried both a power off/on - left for 10 mins then a reset to no avail.  No support detail left by engineer, no box, no instructions (ok, it's 2021 - I've located online), no real explanation what to expect - just that it will take an hour or so to come live and 'reassured' me he'd left the previous premise in the same condition. 

If I need to wait longer that's fine, just an understanding what to expect would be good.  Despite trying to tease more info out, 90% of the conversation with the engineer focused on his feedback score.  Circling the smiley face and putting crosses through the other two.  Come on, seriously... 

3 months since I ordered, hoping I'm not going through more issues.

Hi it sounds like he left you in the lurch, phone the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the equipment to hand. Regards Micky

OK thanks - done that.  Activation Team say the engineer hasn't signed his job off.  Spoken with engineer, he doesn't know what they're talking about but apparently the 'system' is down.  He's at another property with the same situation so I just need to wait.

Right hand, left hand...  

Janew1
Joining in

After an engineer coming to install virgin at 9am this morning I have been told that there is an activation problem for new customers around the UK. I have no internet no phone or Tv please contact me ASAP to sort this out 

Strange your story sounds fairly similar to my experience today. Had a brand new connection installed with all the bells and whistles. And I'm getting the same led light show you are. Not a great first Impression. I've just moved house so I have nothing, the wife and I are struggling to use mobile hotspots as our phone signal is crop as well. 

SauceBoss
On our wavelength

So this is the same issue I have. Replacement router. Called 3 times. 

All saying their is an issue registering MAC addresses. But not to worry. The issue is logged and will re resolved within 3 working days. Lovely.

Would be great to get some kind of communication from VM advising people so they are not wasting their time.

Obviously it looks terrible saying "We would just like to let all new customers know we currently can't activate your services" so they won't.

So they will just let people keep rebooting their routers and calling tech support.

SauceBoss
On our wavelength

VM will not contact you about this.

Issue is national. I can tell you what they advised me. The issue will be resolved in no more than 3 working days. 

Please accept your fate and enjoy the Grade A service provided by Virgin Media. 😄

For those having connection problems, mine has just dropped in.  Hopefully you're already sorted or not far behind.

Loribelle1987
Joining in

Moved house and took Virgin with me. New cables arrived even though I didnt need them as had brought old ones. Plugged everything in and phoned virgin media. First time all systems down so couldnt be done. 4 times in total I phoned and was told the signal was sent amd it would work this morning. Still not working. Solid green wifi light but flashing green hub 3.0 light. Can anyone help?