cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer

Kristians
Settling in

I ordered Gig1 Fibre on the 16th of February 2023. The original scheduled date for engineer installation was 21st of February 2023, this was then not met and as Virgin Media failed to provide enough notice, they did provide with compensation. However, yet again, even though they had rescheduled the appointment to today, 2nd of March 2023, with utmost assurance. But to what surprise, the engineer was a no-show and as I called the customer service line at 0345 454 1111, they had told me the appointment was rescheduled again and because I'm a pre-install account, the person was unable to provide me with the new date nor the reason as to why the appointment has been rescheduled once again. 

Are there any prospects of accelerating this process? as waiting week after week is less than great. And I'm afraid that with another reschedule I will be out of internet entirely.

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Kristians wrote:

I ordered Gig1 Fibre on the 16th of February 2023. The original scheduled date for engineer installation was 21st of February 2023, this was then not met and as Virgin Media failed to provide enough notice, they did provide with compensation. However, yet again, even though they had rescheduled the appointment to today, 2nd of March 2023, with utmost assurance. But to what surprise, the engineer was a no-show and as I called the customer service line at 0345 454 1111, they had told me the appointment was rescheduled again and because I'm a pre-install account, the person was unable to provide me with the new date nor the reason as to why the appointment has been rescheduled once again. 

Are there any prospects of accelerating this process? as waiting week after week is less than great. And I'm afraid that with another reschedule I will be out of internet entirely.

Read some of the many other topics about delayed installation on this forum and you will get a good idea of how things work out for some unlucky VM customers-in-waiting.

You should be eligible for compensation for the delays but keep good records of all dealings with VM (and their failures) going back to the first installation date confirmed in writing (when the VM tech was due to install your equipment and activate your services) as that will be when any compensation is applied from.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kristians

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation and the frustration this is causing. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

There can be numerous reasons for an installation to be delayed, it could be due to more work being required, problems with the existing structure/ducting that to resolve require third party permissions from your local authority. These are out of our control but we would chase these regularly with the local authority to get these permissions, the work booked in and completed and he installation as quickly as possible.

Have you called the Install Team on 0800 052 1734 for an update as to what is happening? 

Rob

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Robert_P wrote:

Hello Kristians

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation and the frustration this is causing. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

There can be numerous reasons for an installation to be delayed, it could be due to more work being required, problems with the existing structure/ducting that to resolve require third party permissions from your local authority. These are out of our control but we would chase these regularly with the local authority to get these permissions, the work booked in and completed and he installation as quickly as possible.

Have you called the Install Team on 0800 052 1734 for an update as to what is happening? 

Rob

what complete rubbish - most - read all local authorities are efficient and permission is granted within 48 hours normally - 72 hours at most - so any delay there is due to VM or their contactors not applying or sitting on their hands when the permission has been granted

a further delay can be that the work is done by the contractor but VM fail to act on that fact and again sit on their hands

Tony.
Sacked VIP