cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer

emmafirth95
Joining in

Hi, we have recently moved to Virgin and received the quick start box as advised. However the cables do not hook up to our current system so we require an engineer visit. I have not been able to find anywhere to book this. What number can I contact for this or can I book online somewhere?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can contact VM CS on 0345 4541111, or potentially the pre-install number 0800 0521734

If all else fails, VM staff should respond on here in a day or so

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emmafirth95,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you were unable to connect your equipment once you've received your Quick Start box.

As @japitts correctly advised, you can call us directly to have an appointment arranged or I can help you arrange for a manned install to take place, as you're having issues with the cabling. 

In order to help further, I will send you a Private Message. You can access this by clicking the purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emmafirth95,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your install – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @emmafirth95,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your install – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

this is a quickstart install that there is said to be no internal connection - why would the above be necessary to state - its not a fault - are VM now saying if the cables are there and the NEW customer has made a mistake in not understanding how cables are connected then they will charge them £25

even the £25 missed appointment charge is a bit OTT were it to happen - not a very welcome start or message for a new customer who is not even online yet

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emmafirth95,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that you're happy with the set appointment time and date. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further assistance going forward. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team