cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit please!

Savaran
Tuning in

Hi we are new tenants at a house that previously had Virgin Media.  We havn’t yet decided whether we will subscribe to it yet the way this has been going I am sceptical!

The virgin media box outside our home is broken.  There are naked wires making it a safety hazard. I have been trying to speak to a human on the phone but to no avail as I have no virgin media account yet and can’t get past the enter you account number wall.

I did manage to get past the chatbot twice in which case the operators in each case the operators confirmed that an engineer will contact us and arrange a visit. In each instance no engineer contacted us.

Its been many weeks now that we have a virgin media system outside our home with a safety hazard. Please see the photos.

please arrange an engineer visit 

8138C619-D31C-4FAF-8317-4D931A3AFCCA.jpeg

58B56193-B060-418B-B7A1-DC38BD9289C1.jpeg

DF54AFA5-9265-4DB8-BF83-EAAAE499DE5E.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Savaran,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with this.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might struggle to get VM interested in this as you are not a customer.

The wall box does not look like a standard VM box. It looks like a DIY box from eBay or Amazon. Do a search on either of those sites for "virgin media wall box" and you will see examples from '1stTec' brand. Their smaller size box looks like it might match from the pictures on the websites.

Never a good idea to run cables under a door threshold as they just get damaged by foot traffic as per the pic's.

The forum team will reply (and may help under 'health and safety' criteria) in a day or two.

Thank you for your response, I confirm it is a virgin media box. There is the logo on the brown box.

They seem to have helped on other threads when the person is not a customer so I am hoping they will help in this instance too.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Brown-outdoor-junction-box-missing/td-p/4008542

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Savaran,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with this.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you, credit where credit is due, this issue is now solved within the same day!