cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit needed

Norman18
Joining in

Hi. I received my self start pack, but unfortunately cannot manage to do it myself, as the current box/connections are older, and may not be suitable.  Can I book an engineer visit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pair of pliers if you have no spanners. That’s the right place on the box or you could possibly try the free F socket on the right of the splitter. Either will be a lot quicker than waiting for a technician and there might even be a charge.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

In the meantime can you post photos of your existing connections please?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info. The current connection in the living room is this.  The spanner which came with the start up pack is too small for the connection going into the box

20220125_125827.jpg

 There's another box on the wall in an upstairs room. The spanner which came with the start up pack is too small for the connection going into the bo

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pair of pliers if you have no spanners. That’s the right place on the box or you could possibly try the free F socket on the right of the splitter. Either will be a lot quicker than waiting for a technician and there might even be a charge.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

Sorry for the delay in replying. The connection did fit. Got everything sorted now. Thanks again