cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer to House to rewire LAN

JackLDEarl
Joining in

Hello,

I am keen to get an engineer into my house to rewire the LAN cable coming into the house from the outside box. Currently it comes in through the front bedroom and follows the doors and walls all the way into where the router and powerline extenders are. We'd like to rewire the cable so it comes in from the Wall where the router will actually be. Please can we schedule an engineer to do so ASAP?

Best regards,

Jack

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you don't mean a LAN cable, but the incoming co-ax feed, but anyway...

Re-routing cabling on a non-fault basis is chargeable at £99, and can be arranged through the usual faults route. In other words, calling into 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or waiting on here for a staff response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning Jack,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

@japitts is absolutely right - I believe that you might be referring to the coax cable in which case, we would need to arrange a relocation engineer for you. If you'd like us to arrange this for you, we'll be more than happy to do so.

Just let us know and we can get that booked in via PM

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JackLDEarl wrote:

Hello,

I am keen to get an engineer into my house to rewire the LAN cable coming into the house from the outside box. Currently it comes in through the front bedroom and follows the doors and walls all the way into where the router and powerline extenders are. We'd like to rewire the cable so it comes in from the Wall where the router will actually be. Please can we schedule an engineer to do so ASAP?

Best regards,

Jack

As long as this does not require workling above 1st floor height it should be feasable. VM do not install cables over rooftops or above 1st floor height for Health & Safety reasons.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK please message me- yes I mean coaxial

Jack 

Thanks for your reply, JackLDEarl, I have sent you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C