Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Engineer refused installation

After having my install visit cancelled without notification, I was expecting to have my virign media internet connection installed today. The engineer turned up and refused to install the connection because of coronavirus. I appreciate that this may be a legitimate reason, but i spent around 5-8 hours on the phone trying to get a hold of various different people from different departments for reassurance that a connection can be made if an engineer requires to come into my home. I also have read the updated guidance around COVID19 on the virgin media website and it states that if needs be and if no one is showing signs of COVID19, the engineers can install ensuring they are following social distancing guidelines. 

I called Virgin today and again after a long hold was told there's nothing that can be done and I would have to call back on Monday. I was told I would get a call back today in 2 hours but recent experience with Virgin has shown me they do not call back when positioning they will. 

I am empathetic to the engineers views, but that's why i called and was on hold for so long on so many occasions to confirm a new connection could be carried (not a quick install, but a new socket everything etc). I don't understand why this wasn't made clear and seems like this isn't company guidance either as the website and phone call centres say total different things to what the engineer has said. Incredibly frustrated right now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer refused installation

Please Pm me your account number and postcode. I will take a look for you.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos