Menu
Highlighted
Nicola13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not turned up

I was due to have virgin media installed today between 1-6. Nobody has turned up and I have had no explanation or apology. Every number I ring takes me to a call centre outside of the uk who keep cutting me off, I have been hung up on multiple times. Before they hung up last time I got some garbled message that construction work would delay installation for between 6-8 weeks!!! I have had confirmation emails and texts to say you would be here today but nothing to say there was an issue. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer not turned up

ahhh the wonders of offshore - they get no better - you can try this but if you get through they may just transfer you half way round the world

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

if what you have been told is true then you are indeed looking at 6 weeks plus - they dont need permission to dig holes but they do have to inform the council who can control when work is carried out - that can take a few weeks for planning

but try the number above and see if they can get you more info

Tony
0 Kudos
Nicola13
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not turned up

Thanks for your help, I tried that and ended up with a preinstallation team still based outside of the uk. I cannot believe they did not highlight the issue with me prior to today and have let me sit in all afternoon only to not turn up. Apparently I was in a queue to be contacted which I don’t believe for one minute. Ive now cancelled the contract but during the conversation the agent was still giving me a sales pitch as to why I should stay. The customer service is frankly shambolic. 

0 Kudos