cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer not able to relocate wall box

michaelLT83
Joining in

Had an engineer booked in for today to move the white wall box from the front of the house to the back of my house however to my surprise he was not only not informed of the reason for his visit before his arrival but he was only booked in for a 30-minute visit which is clearly nowhere near enough time to do the job.

He rebooked another engineer visit for tomorrow afternoon but even that's only for an hour and 16 minutes because that's all the time that's left available tomorrow according to the engineer and I'm concerned that's still not enough time as I was expecting it to be about a two-hour job.

I'm going to see how tomorrows visit works out and I'm hoping it goes well but I felt the need to make this post to point out to the customer service team that when booking in engineers for a home visit it shouldn't need saying that they not only need to be informed of the reason for their visit but they also need to be given sufficient time to perform the job.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Usual situation. No communication between VM departments. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Z92
Trouble shooter

What they typically do is leave the box on the front of your property, spur off that and run it down the side of your property (along the brickwork) and then into a box at the rear, then book another appointment to do the internal work if needed.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @michaelLT83, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear there has clearly been a breakdown in communication somewhere along the line, thus of course resulting in the engineer not being fully aware of the job that needs to be undertaken

Can you please give us an update on how things are looking now? Was this completed with the follow up engineer?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn