Menu
Rdeakin1802
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer no show twice! Help

I’m new to virgin just moved house got told it was quickest broadband so signed up. Waited in all day for engineer to come with 1 year old baby obv didn’t show called up one person said I cancelled it one person said they had a bogus email and one person said it was a fault on their part. 

re arranged again after speaking to 20 people and now same problem waited in all day again and no engineer has showed?! What’s going on here is this the norm Iv read all reviews and everyone says not to join 

can’t cope with them never ever had a problem with sky is there anyone who can tell me what’s going on and if an engineer will actually show up 

Furious 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer no show twice! Help

Is the new house already wired up for VM services (did the previous occupant have it ?) are there VM wall points that can be used? If so you could do a "self install".
If not and you need a full installation you could try calling the Pre-installation and delivery team on: 0800 052 1734 and see what they have "booked".
Failing that... call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early is usually best]) you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Tell them the issue and you are going to cancel it unless its sorted to your satisfaction by a certain date.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Under the new Ofcom rules you can claim compensation for no-show appointments. Make sure you get that. I think it's £25 a time - others will correct if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
Rdeakin1802
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much I was told about of com.

thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The new OFCOM automatic compensation details are here:

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

In addition to the £25 for missed appointments, this would seem to be a bit that also applies to you:

Credits for delay in activation of a fixed line or broadband service

1. At the point of ordering the applicable service, where possible, Virgin Media will provide a date upon which the chosen services will be connected to the premises and the appropriate equipment put in place in order for those services to be accessible by the customer (‘activation’). If at the point of placing this order Virgin Media has reason to believe that additional engineering work may be required in order to provide the service, for example construction to connect the customer’s premises to the network that may require permissions or permits outside of Virgin Media’s control, then a provisional activation date will be provided. Only after the necessary investigation has been undertaken will Virgin Media be able to provide a confirmed date for activation. Credits will not be payable if a provisional appointment date is changed to a different, confirmed date.

Subject to paragraph 35 (exclusions), Virgin Media shall credit a customer if it does not activate a fixed line or broadband service by 23.59pm on the confirmed activation date. This includes customers joining Virgin Media for the first time, existing customers adding a new broadband or fixed line service or an existing customer moving to new premises.

2. Subject to limitations outlined in paragraphs 32-36, the amount of credit payable shall be:

a. £5 for the missed activation date; plus

b. £5 for each full calendar day that expires after the confirmed activation date until the first available date that is offered as an alternative activation date or, if earlier, the date the customer or Virgin Media terminates or cancels the affected service or services.

For example, if a service is due to be activated on a Wednesday but is delayed until Thursday, then £5 will be payable (being £5 for the missed initial activation date). If it instead it was activated a day later, on Friday, then £10 will be payable (being £5 for the missed initial activation date and an additional £5 for the one additional complete full calendar day until activation).

3. Virgin Media will notify the customer of their eligibility for a credit when the delay in activation of the service arises. This notification will be made via the email address or phone number that has been recorded on the customer account. The applicable credit will be automatically added to the customers Virgin Media account. If the service is cancelled before a new installation is agreed and delivered, a cheque will be sent to the household.

4. Credits will be payable for this service failure in addition to any credit payable as a result of a missed appointment as outlined in paragraph 18.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos