cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show; no contact

Leeds10101
Tuning in

Rang to cancel my virgin contract on Monday as paying nearly £100 per month for very poor broadband/Internet experience. After several attempts to connect to anyone, I was eventually offered an engineer visit  between 4pm to 7pm tonight to investigate and hopefully resolve.

No show. No contact. Another day tethering work pc via my mobile phone tomorrow (not via Virgin).

Very disappointed with this broken commitment as I've wasted the evening waiting in and wasted a week  swapping providers. 

5 REPLIES 5

Jxj1992
Tuning in

Same happened to us. We have a complete signal loss. Third-party engineer supposed to come on wed,thur, no show on both days. Now it got rearranged to next Tuesday. I doubt they will show up this time. Probably will switch to someone else if still no show on Tuesday.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leeds10101,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues recently and are looking to cancel. I've checked over our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently. Are your problems ongoing today? If so, can you expand on what they are and we can advise from there?

If you wish to proceed with cancellation then you will need to contact the retentions team by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) as we are unable to process cancellations from here on the community forums.

Keep us posted with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Jxj1992,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some issues, but would you mind expanding on what you mean by third party engineer? Any engineers we send to check connections at the property would be Virgin Media employees and not from a third party.

I've also taken a look at things on our systems, and I'm currently unable to detect any faults currently. Are your service issues ongoing today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi the issue is still ongoing.  A VM engineer came on Monday, said it's the cable fault as no signal came out of our fibre cable box, it's Installed by another company, Virgin can't open the box and check. He said Virgin will contact that company and let us know when they r coming. Haven't heard anything till Tues evening,we called, been told someone is coming on Wednesday. No show.  Called on Wednesday,said someone is coming on Thursday. Still no show. Called on Thursday,said it got moved to Tuesday this week. As it's third party, Virgin has no direct contact with them and they can only put the request out for them to come. Here we r without internet for almost two weeks , hoping someone will show up on Tues. If not. We will cancel the service 

Thank you for that information Jxj1992,

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with the team who are working to help with this. 

^Martin