Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer needed

Hi I need to book an engineer, can someone please who works for Virgin please arrange this. Thank you. 
otherwise I may just return it all

Tags (1)
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer needed

VM will get to the thread in a day or few but they will want more details than that - so whats the problem - give some detail and others will try to help

Tony
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have an old VM socket in my bedroom but want it in my frontroom downstairs, so want it moved or a new socket installed. So I require an engineer to fit it. Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the people here can certainly arrange that when they get to the thread however as a non fault call out its going to cost you £99 - that assumes you are an existing customer - if you are a new customer it should be free as far as i know - the install is not as you want it so the should send a tech out to sort it

you are better to wait here for VM if it is a quick start install - if you get through to the call centre they are likely t add the £99

Tony
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, I am a new customer, I thought I could do just a quick install but alas that is not the case. I do hope that they do not charge me for this. Again thank you for your time. 

Guy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If this thread is not picked up and engineer arranged by tomorrow I shall be returning the whole package. It is taking far far far too long to arrange a simple thing. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

this is a community forum - the first response is other VM customers - staff pickup threads in order - the wait time can be a few days to a week or so depending on how busy the forum is and at the moment its busy

the forum is not a direct [quick] line to VM - if you wand answers now and action at the same time then you need to ring them - wait times can be extended with the problems that are with us

i can only say it as it is - if you decide not to carry one with your contract you have 14 days from the install date to cancel - sending the 'whole package' back does not constitute cancelling your contract - that can only be done by phone or in writing - not email - the old fashioned way!

you started this thread 7 or 8 hours ago - i am sorry to say you have no chance of achieving your object of getting things moving by tomorrow - VM will not see the thread for at least another day or two

Tony
0 Kudos