cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer installed neighbours broadband and cut mine off. Share an external box

Piptin
Tuning in

I am very very disappointed with the shocking customer service I'm getting with Chat platform and telephone.. My neighbour has had there new broadband installed by a Virgin engineer Friday lunch time and in doing so cut my Internet off.. No coincidence this was at the same time. I booked in on chat the engineer appointment for the 12 th Monday but realised I had an important appointment that day. So they said not a problem we can do it on sat.. Great I thought waited in all day nothing. Checked with the phone operative there coming on the 12th.So back to square one. I've cancelled this app. "Oh have you well we will book in on Wednesday" . Checked again 4 times now I've done this on chat and the same answer there coming on the 12th and I keep saying nooo I cancelled this app so you not have this on record. I am at the end of my tether, for such a simple request the team can't cancel an appointmemt. I've wasted hours on chat and telephone I've even raised it as a complaint and no phone call back after being promised in two hours. It's a company full of empty promises and incompetence and my contract is coming to end soon and I'm thinking of going with Sky after this experience.. I hope someone can help on this forum its not even my error. I am worried now thar the engineer will turn up on the 12th and I will be billed for not being there, I just don't have any confidence in this company anymore it's trully is disgraceful customer services.. I need WiFi to work much like anybody else this is just not acceptable at any level it's not even a complicated request.!! 

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Piptin, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear of your experience and issues surrounding both your service and technicians appointment. 
I will happily look into this for you and hopefully get things sorted. We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can check your account, re-arrange an appointment and get your services restored ASAP. 

You will find the PM in your Inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 

We can then return to the public thread with an update. All the best! 

Molly

Hi Molly

Thanks for your response however there was nothing inbox( top right of this screen) could you send again please. 

Thanks 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

At the very least you should be getting compensation for loss of service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I agree Jpeg1. 

It's not my connection it worked fine until that engineer turned up for the next door installation. I did not know I shared an external box with my neighbour until I looked. It's a definate fault caused by the neighbours installation I am very sure of that.. 

Hi @Piptin
Sorry for the delay, looks like my colleague isn't in today. I'll send you a PM now. Please join me on private message and I can look into this further for you. We'll need to pass account security firstly to discuss the account. You can see your private messages at the top of the page on the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley