Menu
Tonyb491
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer didnt turn up

I booked an engineer to install broadband to my house.  I recieved 3 txt messages this morning confirming he would be here between 1pm-6pm.  Nobody turned up so i called and was told the engineer had cancelled the job but could not be told why.  I have been trying all afternoon to speak to someone and have been on live chat for the last few hours  with no help from anyone.  The broadband is very important as i will be working from home from 3rd jan.  The service is awfull, not being told they had cancelled the insulation or rebooked it.  Funny they never decide to cancel any payments 

jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer didnt turn up

You won't be charged until the connection is working. There should be an automated credit for the missed appointment.

It is advisable to have a standby service, e.g. 4g data if you are going to rely on Virgin Media for working at home, as it's a residential service and business use is not officially supported. 

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A £25 credit for missed appointment may not be important to someone who needs internet connection to work from home.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's why they need a backup connection, as many of us have obtained as an insurance. 

0 Kudos