cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didnt show for repull

AdRed
Joining in

Internet’s been down, had my booked technician arrive as scheduled 4 days later. He confirmed a repull was needed and booked it for the next day in the afternoon.

Having moved things around physically in the front and with work to be around, no one arrived today for the repull.

Spent an hour on the phone with VM this evening trying to work out if someone was coming, was ensured they would, but to no avail no one arrived.

Now no idea when an engineer will be coming, and can’t rebook another appointment online!! Argh, really need some feedback from VM on what’s going on. As I say spoke to 5 different people over an hour earlier and couldn’t get a clear answer. 

Can someone help please??

11 REPLIES 11

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re-pulls  are usually done by contractors and it seems there is not always a very good communications channel between them and VM. It could happen anytime as the do not need access to your home. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AdRed

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your repull. 

Have you had any luck on this or any further communication? 

I can currently see an open technician visit on your account and can PM you over the details if you wish to discuss this further, but please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha,

I phoned up on Friday morning and managed to work out that someone will be coming on Sat 3rd July. I haven’t however had any confirmation on this, be it the normal text or visibility on my account that this is in fact the case. So we’re kind of just waiting with crossed fingers.

Are you able to confirm for me that the repull is scheduled?

Thanks,
Adam

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me, 

Yes, I can confirm this is the date 🙂 

Hopefully this should go ahead on this date, however any problems please let me know and I am more than happy to help 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha,

No show again today. We’re four weeks now with no internet and I’ve been counting the days till today to get up and running again… 😞

How can they just not turn up!

Please can you help!

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdRed,

I am sorry to hear that the engineer appointment didn't occur yesterday. I can see from your account that this has been rescheduled, and I can PM you the details if you wish. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie,

I could see in my Account an appointment for today 8am-1pm. Although no text or email to confirm that this was the case.

Unfortunately no one has been again.

Did you have any more info?

Feel like I’m doing something wrong, or I’m just incredibly unlucky to keep being stood up.

Thanks for coming back to us @AdRed.

I have just looked into your account and the order for today is still open but clearly this isn't going to happen today as the time has now passed along time ago.

I will try to get in touch with the area manager and see if they can provide a further update for me on when this will go ahead for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

@AdRed wrote:

Hi Laurie,

I could see in my Account an appointment for today 8am-1pm. Although no text or email to confirm that this was the case.

Unfortunately no one has been again.

Did you have any more info?

Feel like I’m doing something wrong, or I’m just incredibly unlucky to keep being stood up.

No you really aren't doing anything wrong at all. Personally I'd be tempted to give it up and assume that VM don't wont your money or custom and find an alternative supplier. Ask your self this, if they are this incompetent in getting the installation setup, what will it be like if you you have any issues and need help in the future?