cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn’t turn up

tputnis
Tuning in

I had my installation booked for today and the engineer didn’t turn up. When I login to my virgin account, the installation date is showing up as “NaN”. What does this mean? How do I go about getting a new installation date?

Very frustrating day! The external works required to install my connection were completed last week and I have a brown Virgin media box outside my door waiting for my installation. When I called up customer service, all I got was excuses and they couldn’t tell me when the engineer would come.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are very sorry that you had to make a complaint and do apologise for any frustration caused. 

Hopefully the engineer can resolve the issue for you. 

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

stabilo00
Fibre optic
NaN means external work to be done b an external contractor. So if this has been completed the contractor havnt updated virgin yet or virgin havnt updated their records to say it has been done

That’s frustrating. Any idea what I can do about this? I just want my install ASAP

Am afraid you can only keep banging your head on virgins wall ie phone or hope someone from virgin takes pity on you on here.

Still not gotten any further. Apparently the construction team won’t authorise the pre-install team to give me an appointment. The external works were completed. Shambolic. Absolutely shambolic.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tputnis

Welcome to the forum community and welcome to Virgin Media, 

very sorry to hear your installation did not go ahead as planned but we sometimes do need to carry out external work to ensure that the installation can be carried out correctly. But I can see that you have spoken to our team recently and an engineer is coming tomorrow to sort out the rest of this installation. 

Hope this puts your mind at ease a little bit. 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

I ended up having to make a complaint in the end. Hopefully the engineer is coming tomorrow and that should be the end of the matter.

🙂

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are very sorry that you had to make a complaint and do apologise for any frustration caused. 

Hopefully the engineer can resolve the issue for you. 

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

My engineer turned up the 2nd time round and I'm now connected and happy! 🙂